Proudly serving the South Amboy community, our methadone clinic provides adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Benefits of Individual Therapy for Opioid Abuse
Individuals who are trapped in the treacherous cycle of opioid addiction are often faced with overcoming more than just the physical aspects of addiction. Because of this, in order for patients to successfully achieve lasting recovery, they must obtain treatment for the emotional and psychological factors them maybe struggling with. By partaking in comprehensive treatment, patients are able to address and process the physical as well as emotional components of their addiction and progress towards a future free from opioid abuse. Individual therapy plays a vital role in the process of recovering from an addiction to opioids. This form of treatment helps patients identify and work through the underlying causes of their addiction in a safe and supportive environment. This therapeutic intervention includes a highly qualified counselor and a patient in a one-on-one-setting. By engaging in individual therapy, patients will ultimately be able to do the following:
- Identify past events that may have contributed to the abuse of opioids or other substances
- Form new perspectives in relation to the underlying causes of substance abuse and addiction
- Develop new, healthier ways to cope with negative emotions
- Properly manage setbacks and/or successes throughout the course of treatment
- Create strategies for handling compromising situations in which drug use might be tempting
- Establish personal goals for both the present and future
When patients are able to understand the factors that may have contributed to their addiction in the first place, they are able to appropriately prepare for a future free from the chains of addiction.
Furthermore, the use of individual therapy provides patients with the following benefits:
- An increased sense in self-confidence
- Improved self-esteem
- A reduction in levels of stress
- An improved sense of self-awareness
Building a Foundation for Opioid Abuse Recovery
South Amboy Comprehensive Treatment Center firmly believes that the use of individual therapy is a necessary component to a patient’s plan of treatment. Successfully achieving lasting recovery requires the treatment of both the emotional and physical components of addiction. By utilizing medication assisted treatment to manage the physical aspects of addiction in collaboration with individual therapy to treat the emotional factors, patients are able to prepare for a substance-free future.
Please contact South Amboy Comprehensive Treatment Center today to learn more about individual therapy as well as our other treatment options. We are here to help you take the first steps towards a substance-free future.