At South Amboy Comprehensive Treatment Center, our first obligation to our patients is to provide an intake process that is as smooth and efficient as possible.
In order to ensure that your intake appointment is a successful and productive experience, please carefully review the information on this page.
First, individuals who wish to be treated at South Amboy Comprehensive Treatment Center must meet the following criteria:
- Age 18 or older
- Dependent upon opioids for at least one year
- Not dependent upon alcohol or other narcotics
If you meet the above criteria, you will be scheduled for an intake appointment. You will be required to bring the following with you to that appointment:
- Valid photo ID (Driver’s license, state ID card, or passport).
- Payment for intake fee. We will accept cash, money order, or cashier’s check. We cannot accept personal checks or payment over the phone.
Important Note: Unless you are pregnant, you must arrive to your intake appointment in a state of withdrawal, not having used opioids for 20-24 hours.
Your intake appointment will take about three or four hours. During that time, you will accomplish the following:
- Meet with a staff person for intake paperwork and assessments.
- Have your picture taken for our internal identification system.
- Sign a release of confidential information form so that we can coordinate care with your primary care physician or any other medical professionals that you are currently seeing.
- Receive educational literature and a copy of our Patient Handbook.
- Provide a urine sample for drug screen to assess opioid and other drug use.
- Complete a comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment with one of our physicians.
- Be scheduled for blood work and TB testing.
- Take a pregnancy test, if female.
- Meet with our medical director for a physical and final admission decision.
If our medical director determines that you are eligible for admission, you will receive medication on the same day.
For answers to any questions about the admissions process or any aspect of care at South Amboy Comprehensive Treatment Center, please contact us at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and helping you determine if our center is the perfect place for you or your loved one.